The objectives of this three-week module are to establish a learning community through:
- Introductions: Build a collective picture of the purpose, skills, and passions of course participants and faculty.
- Overview: Provide an overview of the course and how to access course resources and set expectations.
- Teams: Establish teams and opportunities for teams to extend beyond the classroom.
- Grounding: Ground each team in a conversation with an existing cooperative that is as close to their purpose as possible.
- Theory: Build a shared theory of cooperatives as sources of democratic economic power.
- Systems: Provide examples of networked systems of cooperatives and an understanding of how individual cooperatives operate as a system.
- Logistics: Work out any necessary or useful logistics for the class.